Beat the Heat at Portland Parks
Grab your swimsuit, beach towels and sunscreen. As we head into the heat of summer, cool off a these free Portland pools, splash pads and fountains. Many of these water features are in local parks. Pack a lunch and spend the entire day beating the heat.
Portland pools have admission fees up to $6 per visit. Seven pools have free open play swimming every week through August 25.
Summer free days start on June 18 at most pools. Peninsula pool opened on June 8.
- Columbia Pool | Fridays, 4-6 p.m. | Sundays, free teen swim 3-5 p.m.
- Peninsula Pool | Thursdays, 1:05-2:55 p.m.
- Pier Pool | Fridays, 1:45-4:30 p.m.
Splash pads are generally open from the last day of school through Labor Day weekend. To check the hours at your nearest park, click here.
- Bill Naito Legacy Fountain at Waterfront Park
- Teachers Fountain at Director Park
- Jamison Square
- Salmon Springs Fountain at Waterfront Park
Free Water Park Admission
Find out how to get free passes to Wings and Waves Water Park at your local library.