Free Museum Day for Two
No matter where you are, it is a great weekend to visit your nearest museum. This free museum day gives you access to thousands of venues in all 50 states during the 15th annual Smithsonian Magazine Museum Day on Saturday, September 21.
To get started, visit the Museum Day site, search for participating museums in your area. Participants are allowed to download one ticket per e-mail address. The ticket provides complimentary general admission for two people. Simply search for the museum you want to visit, click “Get Ticket” and enter your email and name.
If you’re planning on going as a group, consider registering for additional admit-two tickets through friends and family.
If you have family and friends in other states, share this post with them so they can enjoy free admission at local museums! Here are the participating museums in and around Portland:
- Barn Exhibit Hall
- Blue Sky, the Oregon Center for the Photographic Arts
- Clark County Historical Museum
- Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum
- Heslin House Museum & Fairview City Jail
- Museum of the Oregon Territory
- Oregon Historical Society
- Oregon Jewish Museum and Center for Holocaust Education
- Portland Art Museum
- Portland Chinatown Museum
- World Forestry Center Museum
- Zimmerman House Museum & Gardens
You might also like: