Free virtual trivia nights are a great way to flex your brain and bring some excitement into your home.
These Portland trivia companies have stepped up to keep your entertained from the comfort and safety of your household. You have even connect your whole trivia team for a night of virtual fun.
Before we get started, read through these helpful tips for a great virtual trivia experience.
Virtual Trivia Tips
- Host a Watch Party | For the trivia nights hosted via Facebook Live, a watch party will allow you to interact with your team during the event. You should see the “Watch Party” option at the bottom of the live video. From there, you can invite your team and have your own private chat box to answer the questions together. You can even video chat within your private watch party for another level of engagement with your trivia team!
- Don’t post answers in the chat | This is equivalent to the person who yells the answers out at the bar. Don’t be that person.
- Have a pen and paper ready | Be ready to keep track of your answers. Just stating the obvious to make sure you have a great time!
- Be sure to tip | While these events are free, the trivia hosts are not making money. So be sure to give them a tip. All of these events have Venmo usernames for tipping.
When you sign up for an Untapped trivia night online, you’ll be able to play as a single household or bring your whole team together virtually with a multi-household team. Pretty cool, right? Untapped will also be awarding prizes to the top 3 teams.
To get started, sign up online. You will need the email addresses of your team members so the trivia hosts can create a private virtual trivia room for all of you to play together.
Upcoming trivia themes include:
- January 6: Best & Worst of 2020: Part 1: Movies, Television, and a General Look Back of 2020
- January 13: Best & Worst of 2020: Part 2: Music, Pop Culture, and another General Look Back 2020
- January 20: General Trivia
- January 27: Order in the court! Courtroom (movies, music, tv) and law trivia night. Fundraiser for Oregon Classroom Law Project
Trivia is at 7 p.m. every Wednesday.
Rain Brain Trivia
Wednesdays and Fridays
Form a team of up to 6 people and play along with Rain Brain Trivia’s virtual version of bar trivia! Follow Rain Brain Trivia on Facebook for posts with the Google Meetup link to participate, or tune in via Facebook Live.
Trivia is at 6 p.m. on Wednesday and 7 p.m. on Friday.
From Schitt’s Creek to the 80’s, Stumptown specializes in pop culture trivia. All of the events are hosted on Facebook Live. The schedule varies, so be sure to check out the events calendar.
You may also like: