This haunted drive in is bringing you a spooky experience from the safety of your car in Lake Oswego. Watch the original 1968 horror film NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD! at the Lakewood Center for the Arts while creatures lurk in the dark parking lot.
The Lakewood Theatre Company is hosting TOO REEL Outdoor Cinema Haunted Drive In, an immersive, spooky experience available for one night only. As you watch the movie, the parking lot will be filled with Creatures of the Night slinking out from the shadows. Are those glowing eyes in your rear-view mirror? Was that a severed arm or just a tree branch in the wind? Don’t let your fright deceive you.
Creatures of the Night is a local company that has been performing and creating original haunts in the Portland area since 2013. Now, they’re partnering with Lakewood Theatre Company to create one unforgettable night of horror. Their team will be keeping the event lively with experienced performers that know how to go bump in the night.
To keep everyone safe during the event, the Lakewood Center has outlined these guidelines:
- Attendees will stay in their vehicles at all times with the windows up during the event.
- No sitting outside of your vehicle or in a truck bed.
- No motorhomes. No bikes. No walk-ins. No open convertibles. Vehicles must remain closed.
- No alcohol can be consumed on premises.
- No smoking or vaping of any kind on the premises.
- No pets.
- Exiting the vehicle is only allowed for restroom use. Restroom attendants will be present to escort you and thoroughly sanitize all restrooms between each use.
- To limit attendee interaction, please use restrooms before arriving onsite.
- If outside of your vehicle, please keep at least 6 feet from other people.
- Attendees and staff are required to wear a proper face mask when outside their cars.
- Follow signage, ground markings, and staff directives to maintain at least a 6-foot distance from others.
- This is a 2-hour screening, leaving the site during this time will disrupt screening. If a personal issue does arise while onsite, please alert on-site staff to assist you.
Haunted Drive In Ticket Options
The haunted drive in is taking place on September 4 at 8:45 p.m. Entry starts at 8:15 p.m. Tickets are limited and include fun add-ons.
There will be no sales taking place on-site. All tickets, upgrades, and snack purchases must be made at least 24 hours before the event. Tickets can be purchased at the Lakewood Center website.
Tickets for the event are $35 per car. You are allowed to bring as many people you can safely and legally fit into your car.
Enhanced Horror Upgrade
For an additional $15, ghouls and the undead will be mysteriously drawn to your vehicle. While all attendees will share in the immersive interaction, guests who purchase this upgrade will get special attention.
Premium Snack Pack
For an additional $15, you’ll enjoy the movie with a prepared treat package, including 1 bag of popcorn, 1 package of Red Vines and 1 package of gummy worms. This upgrade must be purchased in advance.
Premium Enhanced Horror Upgrade
Save $5 when you purchase the enhanced horror upgrade and the premium snack pack together.
Space is limited for this event so make sure you purchase your tickets soon! The Lakewood Center for the Arts is located at 368 S. State Street in Lake Oswego. The event will take place in the center’s parking lot. For more information, visit the event page.
You may also like: