Celebrate McMenamins Grand Lodge’s 100th birthday!
The Grand Lodge was opened in 1922 as the Masonic and Eastern Star headquarters for the State of Oregon. Over the years, the property has housed an orphanage, dairy farm and elder care center. In 2000, McMenamins reopened the lodge to the public, reviving the property and creating a one-of-kind gathering place.
Today, the Grand Lodge has 90 unique rooms for rent, restaurants, bars, a movie theater, an outdoor soaking pool, and a spa. The location hosts weekly live music and events, both indoor and out on the lawn. Adding to the eclectic vibes are secret rooms that you can stumble upon throughout the lodge. (Psst. One of them is Lord of the Rings themed.)
The property will be celebrating its 100th birthday with a full day of fun activities.
McMenamins Grand Lodge 100th Birthday Celebration
On Saturday, March 5, take a trip to Forest Grove for the day long birthday party. McMenamins is honoring the grand lodge with with live music, wine and beer tastings, history tours, a passport hunt, food and drink specials, and cupcakes.
The celebration is free to attend. Additional activities, food and beverages are available for purchase.
Here is the schedule of events and activities:
Drink Specials and Tastings
McMenamins’ very own wine, Black Rabbit Red, will be served at happy hour prices all day at Pat’s Corner, the watering hole right outside the Grand Lodge’s main entrance.
Here’s the schedule for wine and beer tastings:
- Wine tasting is available from 1-6 p.m. in Magic Flute Room
- Beer tasting is available from 1-6 p.m. in Mike’s Lightbulb Room
The three bars inside the lodge are opening early: Billy Scott Bar from 2-9 p.m., and Bob’s and Doc’s from 3-10 p.m.
There’s lots to see at the Grand Lodge. Take a tour and learn more about this historic site. Tour times include:
- 11 a.m.-noon
- 12:30-1:30 p.m.
- 2-3 p.m.
From 1-6 p.m., McMenamins passport holders can test their skills and win prizes. Get all six trivia questions correct and you’ll get a small prize and be entered into a drawing for one of three prizes: a free overnight stay, a spa service, or a $100 gift card.
Live music will be played throughout the lodge and property.
Around the property:
- Opera on Tap from noon-2 p.m.
- LoveBomb Go-Go marching band from 2:30-4 p.m.
- Chance Hayden with Sarah Clarke from 4-6 p.m.
- Dead Lee from 6:30-9:30 p.m.
- Mick Overman and the Maniacs from 4-6:30 p.m.
- Abilene from 7-10 p.m.
The Grand Lodge is located at 3505 Pacific Ave. in Forest Grove. For more information, visit McMenamins’ website.
Best of Portland Living on the CheapCheck out Portland Living on the Cheap's most popular articles!
Subscribe to Portland Living on the Cheap's email newsletter >>
- Free and Cheap Weekend Events
- Portland's Best Thrift Shops
- Museums on Us: Visit Portland Museums for Free
- The Best Places to Sell Your Stuff in Portland
- Free Birthday Food, Drink and Fun in Portland
- 8 Places in Portland to See a Movie for $7
- Top 5 Multnomah County Library Card Perks You Need to Know About
- Portland's Best Urban Parks
- Where to Buy and Sell Used Outdoor Gear and Sporting Goods in Portland
- 5 Cheap and Awesome Ways to Catch Live Music in Portland
- Buy Cheap Books at Portland’s Independent Bookstores
McMenamins Grand Lodge
3505 Pacific Ave.
Forest Grove, OR 97116
[…] McMenamins Grand Lodge 100th Birthday Celebration […]