What better way to celebrate Pi Day than with your favorite slice? National Pi Day, a yearly celebration of the mathematical constant 3.14, inspires Portland restaurants and bakeries to offer deals on savory and sweet pies.
On March 14, Lauretta Jean’s Pie Bakery is joining in on the fun by serving up specials for pie-loving Portlanders.
Celebrate National Pi Day at Lauretta Jean’s Pie Bakery
Morning or night, it is always the right time for a slice of sweet homemade pie from Lauretta Jean’s. Starting as a small farmer’s market booth, Lauretta Jean’s now boasts a brick and mortar in Portland. The vibe in the shop is what I like to call Portland plant vintage (you know what I’m talking about). The bakery has a full menu of sweet treats and reasonably priced brunch food.
On Monday, pie lovers can enjoy a fun offering from the Portland pie shop.
Get a special pie mystery box of 3 surprise slices of pie for $14. You can also buy slices of your favorite pie for $6.
The shop will have their signature slices available as well as limited special flavors, including:
- Raspberry Victoria: layers of sponge cake lemon curd and raspberry preserves.
- Honey Black Sesame: honey pie with a layer of tasted black sesame seeds.
- Monster pie: butterscotch peanuts oats and mini m&m’s.
- Banoffee: bananas plus oozy toffee in a walnut graham crust.
- Grasshopper: minty creme filing in a chocolate cookie crust.
- Salty grapefruit: grapefruit curd in a saltine crust topped with whipped cream.
- Marionberry: a summer favorite that is back for the special day.
This deal is available at Lauretta Jean’s Pie Bakery at 3402 SE Division St. in Portland. Update: The shop is open on Tuesday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
To view the full pie shop menu, visit Lauretta Jean’s website.
Want more deals on March 14? Check out my roundup of all National Pi Day deals in Portland.
Hungry for more deals?