Sunflower season isn’t over yet! Standing out in a field of beautiful flowers and taking some pictures with your loved one is a great outdoor activity for everyone. The West Union Gardens sunflower field’s second planting is opening August 31. In anticipation of this popular attraction at the Hillsboro u-pick farm, tickets are opening this weekend.
Advance purchase of tickets from the gardens’ website is required. The number of tickets available will be limited each day. This is meant to abide by social distancing guidelines and also give you a better photo experience. Less people in the field means less chances for some random person to be the photobomb of your otherwise beautiful sunflower selfie.
Before we move on to ticket pricing, read through this year’s field guidelines:
- Maintain at least 6 ft of physical distance between yourself and other groups.
- Respect the natural environment and the crops we are growing and use caution around uneven terrain.
- Supervise children at all times.
- Pets are allowed in the Sunflower field only with direct supervision and cleanup. Due to Dept. of Agriculture regulations we cannot allow animals in the u-pick area (including the u-pick flowers).
- Flowers are available for purchase in the u-pick area at the farmstand. The sunflowers in the big field are not for picking, but need to remain for photography.
- The use of drones is strictly prohibited.
- Please take your trash home with you.
Sunflower Field Ticket Pricing
West Union Gardens will be offering “Morning” tickets, for sunflower field access from sunrise to 2 p.m., and “Golden Hour” tickets, for access from 2 p.m. until sunset.
This is the least expensive sunflower field close to Portland. While it does not have all the amenities of the larger farms, it will still offer the same picturesque experience.
- Individual Tickets: $5
- Group Tickets (up to 8 people): $20
- Individual Season Pass: $40 (If you purchased a season pass earlier this year, you do not need to purchase another.)
Tickets will be available to purchase online early Saturday morning, August 29. Visit the gardens’ online store to find the ticket option.
The sunflower field is open sunrise to sunset, 7 days per week. West Union Gardens is located at 7775 NW Cornelius Pass Rd. in Hillsboro.
For more information about the sunflower field, visit the West Union Gardens’ Flower Field page.
You may also like: