The 5th annual Brazilian Festival gathers some of our city’s best Brazilian flavors and goods for a special one-day celebration.
The Portland Mercado is the hub of Latin culture in our city. The public market space features eight food carts and five indoor businesses representing the diverse flavors of Latin America. It also hosts fun cultural events throughout the year.
Here are all the details on this weekend’s festival.
Brazilian Festival at Portland Mercado
Brazilian Festival at Portland Mercado is Saturday, September 10, from noon to 5 p.m. This event celebrates Brazilian Independence Day by inviting the whole community to enjoy music, food, art and dance.
Here is entertainment schedule at the event:
- 12:15-12:45 p.m. Live music by Pedro Guimara
- 1-1:30 p.m. Aula samba with Joe Ferreira
- 2-2:15 p.m. Boi Bumba presentation
- 2:30-2:45 p.m. Sheyla Samba presentation
- 3-4 p.m. Capoeira community roda
- 4-4:45 p.m. Bloco Alegria live carnaval drum band
The Portland Mercado is located at 7238 SE Foster Road in Portland. For more information, visit Portland Mercado’s website.
You may also like: