Want to see shows at Portland Center Stage for cheap? Pay as little as a dollar and some change during pay what you will ticket specials.
Portland Center Stage is the largest theater company in Portland. This theater, located in a historic armory, hosts incredible shows throughout the year. I have seen some of my favorite shows at this theater, including an unforgettable performance of Sweeney Todd and my favorite holiday comedy play, Twist Your Dickens.
During select days, the theater offers a special discount on tickets. Here’s what you need to know about pay what you will discounts.
Pay What You Will at Portland Center Stage
During pay what you will, you get to choose what you’ll pay for show tickets. That means any amount over $1 will get you seats in whatever section is still available. You could end up with seats in the back or close to the front. Either way, this is a great deal.
Tickets go on sale at noon day-of the show. You can get these discounted tickets either by phone or in-person at the box office.
This deal is subject to ticket availability. Make sure you check online before noon to see if seats are left.
These upcoming shows will have pay what you will discounts available:
- It’s a Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Play
Thu, Dec 8 at 7:30 p.m.
- Ms. Holmes & Ms. Watson – Apt. 2B
Sun, Jan 15 at 7:30 p.m.
Thu, Feb 9 at 7:30 p.m.
- Young Americans
Sun, Feb 12 at 7:30 p.m.
Thu, Mar 2 at 7:30 p.m.
- Where We Belong
Sun, Feb 26 at 7:30 p.m.
Thu, Mar 16 at 7:30 p.m.
- Choir Boy
Sun, Apr 16 at 7:30 p.m.
Thu, May 4 at 7:30 p.m.
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream
Sun, Jun 4 at 7:30 p.m.
Thu, Jun 22 at 7:30 p.m.
To buy pay what you will tickets, call 503-445-3700 or visit the box office at 128 NW Eleventh Ave. in Portland.
For more information, visit Portland Center Stage’s website.
Want more Portland freebies, events and deals? Subscribe to my newsletter (only one email a day), and follow me on Facebook and Twitter!
Best of Portland Living on the CheapCheck out Portland Living on the Cheap's most popular articles!
Subscribe to Portland Living on the Cheap's email newsletter >>
- Free and Cheap Weekend Events
- Portland's Best Thrift Shops
- Museums on Us: Visit Portland Museums for Free
- The Best Places to Sell Your Stuff in Portland
- Free Birthday Food, Drink and Fun in Portland
- 8 Places in Portland to See a Movie for $7
- Top 5 Multnomah County Library Card Perks You Need to Know About
- Portland's Best Urban Parks
- Where to Buy and Sell Used Outdoor Gear and Sporting Goods in Portland
- 5 Cheap and Awesome Ways to Catch Live Music in Portland
- Buy Cheap Books at Portland’s Independent Bookstores
Portland Center Stage
128 NW Eleventh Ave.
Portland, OR 97209