Watch films from around the world at the Fungi Film Festival.
The Fungi Film Fest is the world’s only film festival dedicated to the beauty, weirdness and human influences of fungi. The festival explores mushrooms, lichens, and micro fungi in a variety of genres.
The third annual event premieres live in Portland this December. Here are the details about the upcoming showings and streaming.
2022 Fungi Film Festival
The 2022 Fungi Film Festival will premiere at the historic Cinema 21 Theater in Portland. The festival has two screenings: Thursday, December 8 at 7 p.m. and Sunday, December 11 at 4 p.m.
This year’s event features 16 films from 10 countries uncovering the world of fungi. The festival lasts for about 2 hours.
At the event, you can vote for the Audience Choice award and find out which films won the other festival awards. There is also Q&A sessions with the team and filmmakers to follow the screening.
Here is the list of featured films:
- All Flesh Is Grass (1:34) – Bethany Willacy (U.K.)
- Azurescens: Through A Blue Lens (32:00) – Hamilton Pevec (U.S.A.)
- Beneath (3:36) – Beth Walker (U.K.)
- Enoki and the Kind Kreature (4:59) – Madilyn Chandler (U.S.A.)
- Hanna and the Book (2:32) – Juaco Garin (Argentina)
- Heaven (1:32) – Jessica Fraser (Canada)
- I Gotta Cry (2:51) – Francesca Colombara (Italy)
- Mikoryzator (4:40) – Maria Subczyńska (Poland)
- Mushroom: The Magical Fungi (9:38) – Prashant Kuhikar (India)
- Mycelial Witchcraft (3:57) – Andrea Occhetta (Netherlands)
- Osiris’ Gift (1:35) – Kerry Howlett (U.K.)
- Pharmakon (13:53) – Jean-Martin Gagnon (Canada)
- Shroom Mates (4:30) – Rosie Windsor (U.K.)
- Veiled Satyr (6:13) – Charlotte Janis (France)
- Who’s Who in Mycology (15:41) – Marie Dvorakova (Czech Republic)*
- Wrought (19:26) – Joel Penner, Anna Sigrithur (Canada)
Tickets are $13 per person. If you buy tickets online, you can claim them at the theater’s will call.
If you cannot attend in person, you can also stream the film festival online from December 9 to January 3.
Cinema 21 Theater is at 616 NW 21st Ave. in Portland. For more information and to buy tickets, visit the Fungi Film Festival’s website.
You may also like: