Attend this weekend’s Portland Megaband Concert at Oaks Park.
The Portland Megaband isn’t your traditional orchestra. As a contra dance orchestra, the fiddle forward music includes jigs, reels, and waltzes.
The band is bringing together close to 50 musicians for the concert, including more than 20 fiddles and 14 other instruments. The performance harmonizes a unique and highly varied sound.
Admission is on a sliding scale from $10 to $30 paid with cash or check at the door. Proceeds support the Portland Country Dance Community, a nonprofit that sponsors and promotes traditional music and dance opportunities in our community.
To attend the concert, you must show your vaccination card, sign in at the door and wear a mask.
The event is taking place on Saturday, March 12 at 7:30 p.m. Doors open at 7 p.m. The dance is held at the Oaks Park Dance Pavilion, 7805 SE Oaks Park Way in Portland. Parking is free.
For more information, visit the Portland Megaband’s website.
Best of Portland Living on the CheapCheck out Portland Living on the Cheap's most popular articles!
Subscribe to Portland Living on the Cheap's email newsletter >>
- Free and Cheap Weekend Events
- Portland's Best Thrift Shops
- Museums on Us: Visit Portland Museums for Free
- The Best Places to Sell Your Stuff in Portland
- Free Birthday Food, Drink and Fun in Portland
- 8 Places in Portland to See a Movie for $7
- Top 5 Multnomah County Library Card Perks You Need to Know About
- Portland's Best Urban Parks
- Where to Buy and Sell Used Outdoor Gear and Sporting Goods in Portland
- 5 Cheap and Awesome Ways to Catch Live Music in Portland
- Buy Cheap Books at Portland’s Independent Bookstores