Need more space at your house? Room + Wheel has you covered. This unique local business delivers portable rooms right to your door for an affordable price.
What’s a portable room? Think tiny house on wheels. Each furnished room is like adding more square footage to your home and it is a lot cheaper than a hotel room.
Room + Wheel creator Illya deTorres and a close-knit team built the portable units and take pride in helping Portlanders make memories with the people they care about most.
Learn more about this innovative company’s affordable service and options.
Room + Wheel: Rent a Portable Room to Expand Your Space
From reunions to game nights to a private office, Room + Wheel has inexpensive options to expand your space.
These portable rooms are a great option for hosting family and friends. Need a temporary office? Add one to your home or work. Use it as an art studio or host an event with friends. The possibilities are endless.
If you need some extra space, here are the options you can choose from.
Portable Room Options
Room + Wheel serves the Portland metro area offering two styles of rooms: The Basic and The Deluxe.
- The Basic is 8.5′ x 7′ and equipped with electricity. Amenities include a space heater, microwave and mini fridge along with customizable furniture to fit your needs. Choose from four room types: bedroom, office, gameroom or create your own.
- The Deluxe is 13′ x 7.5′ and equipped with electricity and plumbing, including a toilet and sink. It comes with the same room amenities as The Basic and is also customizable for your furniture needs.
Both styles feel like home with professional craftsmanship that’s insulated, cozy and clean.
How to Rent
Room + Wheel makes it easy to rent a portable room right from the website.
To rent, choose the style of room, your location and check availability.
Half of the booking total will be collected at checkout as a deposit, and the other half will be collected at time of booking. The company delivers the room to your property, and picks it up at the end of the reservation.
If you have questions you’d like answered before you rent, send a message on the website.
Booking a Room + Wheel portable room is way cheaper than renting a hotel or another house. Here are the rates:
- The Basic room is $55 per night. Get a 40% discount for weekly rentals starting at 8 nights. This drops the price to $33 per night. Book a monthly rental starting at 29 nights and get a 67% discount, which drops the price to $18 per night.
- The Deluxe room is $75 per night. Get a 40% discount for weekly rentals starting at 8 nights. The price drops to $45 per night. Book a monthly rental starting at 29 nights and get a 67% discount, which drops the price $25 per night.
Space and Hookup Requirements
These portable rooms are easy to add to your space. Here are a few requirements to consider:
- An accessible, level space on your property. Units cannot be placed on public property or rights-of-way.
- A functional outside outlet from your house.
- For plumbing, there needs to be access to a hose bib. The Deluxe sewage tanks are serviced on-site once a week for about $70.
- Space needed:
- For The Basic, a minimum of 18ft of depth and 12ft of width in the accessible location is needed.
- For The Deluxe, s minimum of 24ft of depth and 12ft of width in the accessible location is needed.
- Plan for a continuous width of 12ft free from obstacles for unit entry. Fence openings may encroach as long as there is an opening that is 9ft or more.
Whatever you need the space for, this local company is here to make it work for you. For more information and to book your portable room, visit Room + Wheel’s website.
Want more Portland freebies, events and deals? Subscribe to my newsletter (only one email a day), and follow me on Facebook and Twitter!
Best of Portland Living on the CheapCheck out Portland Living on the Cheap's most popular articles!
Subscribe to Portland Living on the Cheap's email newsletter >>
- Free and Cheap Weekend Events
- Portland's Best Thrift Shops
- Museums on Us: Visit Portland Museums for Free
- The Best Places to Sell Your Stuff in Portland
- Free Birthday Food, Drink and Fun in Portland
- 8 Places in Portland to See a Movie for $7
- Top 5 Multnomah County Library Card Perks You Need to Know About
- Portland's Best Urban Parks
- Where to Buy and Sell Used Outdoor Gear and Sporting Goods in Portland
- 5 Cheap and Awesome Ways to Catch Live Music in Portland
- Buy Cheap Books at Portland’s Independent Bookstores