Explore the wonders of nature at the annual Agate and Mineral Show. The event is held at Portland’s very own science center, OMSI.
Enjoy exhibits, special displays and activities, demonstrations,and more at this free, family-friendly event.
In addition to this event, check out Studio Ghibli Film Festival at OMSI.
2024 Agate and Mineral Show at OMSI
The Agate and Mineral Show is February 23-25 from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. at OMSI.
The show will have more than 30 exhibits on display. Explore a variety cut, shaped and polished rocks, including agate, jasper, and obsidian from our region.
Special displays and activities at the show include:
- The Oregon state seal made from a large variety of our state’s stones including Oregon’s state gem, the sun stone.
- A food table showcasing rocks that look like food.
- A dig pit where kids can hunt for rocks.
- Handcrafted jewelry and window hangings for sale.
- Demonstrations that teach how to use a variety of equipment to prepare rocks for display.
The event is free to attend. All proceeds from purchases made at the show are donated to OMSI’s Hancock Field Station, a geology learning center in an area of Central Oregon that is world-renowned for its fossil-rich rock formations.
The Agate and Mineral Show takes place at OMSI’s auditorium, 1945 SE Water Ave. in Portland. For more information, visit OMSI’s website.
You may also like: