Weekend getaway, anyone? Amtrak is offering cheap train tickets for a limited time.
Where are some of the best places to go by train from Portland? It happens to be one of the easiest and cheapest ways to get to Seattle. A night stay at a Seattle hotel usually comes with a steep price for parking your car. On top of that, my recent road trips to Seattle have taken anywhere from 3.5 to 6 hours, depending on traffic. A train ride onAmtrak Cascades line gets there in about 3 and a half hours, and drops you off at King Street Station in the heart of downtown Seattle. This location is walkable to many hotels, restaurants and attractions.
Get the best deals, freebies and tips for a frugal trip to Seattle by visiting Greater Seattle on the Cheap website.
The Amtrak Cascades line also travels to Vancouver, BC, Tacoma, Salem and Eugene. If you’re looking for destinations for a longer getaway, Amtrak has lines all across the country.
Amtrak Cheap Train Tickets
Now is the best time to plan a weekend getaway with a friend or loved one with Amtrak’s cheap train ticket deal. During the Amtrak Loves You Sale, you can buy one train ticket and get a second ticket for free.
The deal is available through February 16 for travel between March 1 – August 31, 2022. The offer is valid for travel across the county.
Below is the full list of terms and conditions for this deal.
- Valid for one full adult fare and one free companion fare. Valid for travel in Coach class nationally on most routes and on Acela Business Class in the Northeast. Not valid on Saver Fares.
- Use discount code V214 when booking via the Amtrak app.
- No blackout dates.
- Fares are one way (adult) and no additional discounts apply.
- Full fare adult and companion must travel together and be booked in the same reservation.
- Valid for travel on all service except Auto Train, Pennsylvanian, Keystone Service and 7000-8999 Thruways.
- Valid for Acela Business Class and coach travel only.
- Upgrades to sleepers are not allowed.
- Space is limited, not available on all trains at all times.
- Once ticketed, fares are non-refundable; exchanges are permitted prior to scheduled departure.
- Change fees are waived for reservations made by April 30, 2022.
- Once travel has begun, no changes to the itinerary allowed.
To cash in on Amtrak’s deal, start booking your trip here.
You may also like: