Weekend getaway, anyone? Amtrak is offering cheap train tickets for a limited time.
Where are some of the best places to go by train from Portland? It happens to be one of the easiest and cheapest ways to get to Seattle. A night stay at a Seattle hotel usually comes with a steep price for parking your car. On top of that, my recent road trips to Seattle have taken anywhere from 3 to 6 hours, depending on traffic. The train gets there in about 3 and a half hours, and drops you off at King Street Station in the heart of downtown Seattle. This location is walkable to many hotels, restaurants and attractions.
Get the best deals, freebies and tips for a frugal trip to Seattle by visiting Greater Seattle on the Cheap website.
The Amtrak Cascades line also travels to Vancouver, BC, Tacoma, Salem and Eugene. If you’re looking for destinations for a longer getaway, Amtrak has lines all across the country.
Now is the best time to plan a weekend getaway with a friend or loved one with Amtrak’s cheap train ticket deal. During the Amtrak Loves You Sale, you can buy one train ticket and get a second ticket for free.
The deal is available through Feb. 17, 2020 for travel between March 9 and Aug. 30, 2020. The offer is valid for all reserved services, except Auto Train.
Below is the full list of terms and conditions for this deal. Start booking your trip here.
- Valid for (1) one free companion rail fare with the purchase of (1) one regular (full) adult rail fare.
- Valid for sale February 13 – February 17, 2020
- Valid for travel March 9 – August 30, 2020.
- Seating is limited, seats may not be available on all trains, or all times.
- Valid for travel on most reserved service, no upgrades permitted.
- Not valid on the Auto Train nor on unreserved service which includes the Capitol Corridor, Hiawatha, Pacific Surfliner and unreserved sections of the Pennsylvanian and Keystone service and 7000-8999 Thruways.
- The companion and full fare paying passenger must travel together on the same itinerary and have tickets issued together.
- This offer is not combinable with any other discount offer.
- In addition to the discount restrictions, this offer is also subject to any restrictions, blackouts and refund rules that apply to the type of fare purchased.
- A 25 percent cancellation fee may apply.
- Once travel has begun, no changes to the itinerary are permitted.
- Fares, routes and schedules are subject to change without notice.
- Other restrictions may apply.
You may also like: