A new nature park has opened in the Willamette Valley. Attend the grand opening this weekend and partake in fun family-friendly activities.
Chehalem Ridge Nature Park, located in Gaston, has more than 1,260 acres with 10 miles of trails providing views of the Tualatin River Valley and the Coast Range. The park features picnic shelters, multi-use trails for hikers, equestrians, and cyclists, and public art.
Go to the grand opening and see all the awesome activities this new outdoor escape has to offer.
Chehalem Ridge Nature Park Grand Opening
On Friday, June 17, attend the free grand opening of this new park from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. This event is open to everyone and does not require registration.
Here’s a list of fun activities planned for the grand opening:
- Free food from local vendors
- Guided nature walks in English and Spanish
- Arts and crafts and hands-on activities
- Live entertainment
- Dedication celebration and observances from 2 to 3 p.m.
The parking lot at the park will be reserved primarily for guests with mobility concerns and elderly visitors. Free event parking is at the Centro Cultural parking lot and surrounding neighborhoods.
Free shuttles will run every 30-45 minutes from 9:30 a.m. until 4 p.m. between Centro Cultural to Chehalem Ridge Nature Park. There will be refreshments and activities at Centro Cultural while you wait. Centro Cultural is located at 1110 North Adair St. in Cornelius.
For more information about the grand opening, visit Oregon Metro’s website.
Want more Portland freebies, events and deals? Subscribe to my newsletter (only one email a day), and follow me on Facebook and Twitter!
Best of Portland Living on the CheapCheck out Portland Living on the Cheap's most popular articles!
Subscribe to Portland Living on the Cheap's email newsletter >>
- Free and Cheap Weekend Events
- Portland's Best Thrift Shops
- Museums on Us: Visit Portland Museums for Free
- The Best Places to Sell Your Stuff in Portland
- Free Birthday Food, Drink and Fun in Portland
- 8 Places in Portland to See a Movie for $7
- Top 5 Multnomah County Library Card Perks You Need to Know About
- Portland's Best Urban Parks
- Where to Buy and Sell Used Outdoor Gear and Sporting Goods in Portland
- 5 Cheap and Awesome Ways to Catch Live Music in Portland
- Buy Cheap Books at Portland’s Independent Bookstores