Celebrate the Earth Day with a special celebration at Leach Botanical Garden.
Leach Botanical Garden is a natural oasis nestled in Southeast Portland. The 16-acre estate features more than 2,000 plant species growing along the banks of Johnson Creek. Adding to the unique charm is the historic manor house, stone cabin, bridge crossing and gift shop.
Last April, the outdoor escape opened its expansive upper garden. Stroll among the treetops on the aerial treewalk and see a whole new side of the garden at the fireside arbor and terrace and pollinator garden. Also included in the project are accessible pathways, parking areas, restrooms and a new entry area with a path leading from the upper garden to the manor house.
The garden also hosts special events every month that bring our community together to enjoy one of Portland’s best outdoor escapes.
Earth Day Celebration at Leach Botanical Garden
The Earth Day Celebration is taking place Saturday, April 23 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. This free event invites everyone to come out for a day at the urban oasis.
Rain or shine, the garden is hosting fun activities for the whole family including:
- Kid-friendly crafts.
- Kid’s scavenger hunt with prizes.
- South side and stone cabin tours.
- Tours of the manor house.
- A special Bumblebee Hike for preschoolers and their parents at 10:30 a.m.
- Free hot coffee and tea in the manor house fireplace room.
- A demonstration of Leach Botanical Garden’s bee research in the upper garden.
Feel free to bring a pack it in, pack it out lunch to enjoy during your visit.
The garden is located at 6704 SE 122nd Ave. in Portland. For more information, visit Leach Botanical Garden’s website.
Best of Portland Living on the CheapCheck out Portland Living on the Cheap's most popular articles!
Subscribe to Portland Living on the Cheap's email newsletter >>
- Free and Cheap Weekend Events
- Portland's Best Thrift Shops
- Museums on Us: Visit Portland Museums for Free
- The Best Places to Sell Your Stuff in Portland
- Free Birthday Food, Drink and Fun in Portland
- 8 Places in Portland to See a Movie for $7
- Top 5 Multnomah County Library Card Perks You Need to Know About
- Portland's Best Urban Parks
- Where to Buy and Sell Used Outdoor Gear and Sporting Goods in Portland
- 5 Cheap and Awesome Ways to Catch Live Music in Portland
- Buy Cheap Books at Portland’s Independent Bookstores
Leach Botanical Garden
6704 SE 122nd Ave.
Portland, OR 97236
[…] Earth Day Celebration at Leach Botanical Garden […]