Preschool walks at Hoyt Arboretum invite you and your kids to explore the outdoors.
This beautiful nature oasis features 2,300 species of trees and plants from around the world along 12 miles of trails. Every week, the arboretum hosts a special event of its youngest visitors.
Here’s how you can participate in the weekly family events:
Tree Time! Preschool Walks at Hoyt Arboretum
Tree Time! Preschool Walks introduce kids to the beautiful nature of the arboretum. On Mondays and Saturdays, Hoyt Arboretum staff and volunteers introduce families to the plants, trees, insects, mushrooms, and more.
Walks are geared toward children ages 2-6. Children must be accompanied by a guardian. The walks are held rain or shine so be sure to dress or bring layers for the weather.
Advance registration is required to attend the preschool walk at Hoyt Arboretum. The walks take place every Monday and Saturday from 10-11:15 a.m. The price to attend is $5 per child. Adult participants do not need to register.
To register for an upcoming event, visit Hoyt Arboretum’s event calendar and choose which day you’d like to participate. Click on the event and then fill out the form for the specific day.
If you are up for another adventure after the Tree Time! Preschool Walk, take a ride on the free shuttle and see all the sights at Washington Park.
Attendees check in at Hoyt Arboretum’s Steven Pavilion at 4000 SW Fairview Blvd. For more information, visit Hoyt Arboretum’s website.
Want more Portland freebies, events and deals? Subscribe to my newsletter (only one email a day), and follow me on Facebook and Twitter!
Best of Portland Living on the CheapCheck out Portland Living on the Cheap's most popular articles!
Subscribe to Portland Living on the Cheap's email newsletter >>
- Free and Cheap Weekend Events
- Portland's Best Thrift Shops
- Museums on Us: Visit Portland Museums for Free
- The Best Places to Sell Your Stuff in Portland
- Free Birthday Food, Drink and Fun in Portland
- 8 Places in Portland to See a Movie for $7
- Top 5 Multnomah County Library Card Perks You Need to Know About
- Portland's Best Urban Parks
- Where to Buy and Sell Used Outdoor Gear and Sporting Goods in Portland
- 5 Cheap and Awesome Ways to Catch Live Music in Portland
- Buy Cheap Books at Portland’s Independent Bookstores
[…] Virtual Tree Time! Preschool Walks […]