Portland Parks & Recreation is helping you achieve your fitness goals while adhering to physical distancing recommendations in our beautiful community parks. Fitness in the Park invites people of every fitness level to join in the outdoor fun.
Five local parks are participating with fitness classes taking place Monday-Saturday. Workout classes range from zumba to yoga to strength training. Classes are limited to 20 participants on a first-come, first-serve basis.
All of the parks have multiple fitness classes a day taking place in the morning. Find the closest participating Here are the participating parks:
Fitness in the Park Locations
N Lombard Street and Woolsey Ave.
Classes located in the middle of the park in front of the pool house.
NE 33rd Ave. and US Grant Place
Classes located north of the pool house/tennis courts. Park in the main parking lot, follow the path moving north. Closest street access is 35th Avenue off Knott Street.
SW 45th Ave. and Vermont St.
Classes located on the lawn east of the tennis courts and skatepark. Park near the skate park, follow the path past the tennis courts.
Mt. Scott Park
SE 72nd Ave. and Harold St.
Classes located on the lawn of the east end of the park off 74th Ave.
460 SE 113th Ave.
Classes located on the lawn near the parking lot at SE 113th Ave & Stark.
To view the full schedule of activities at each park, visit the Portland Parks and Recreation website.
Drop-in classes are $5 per class (credit card only). You can also purchase a Fitness Pass for $45 a month. This gets you unlimited classes at all five participating park locations. In order to participate, you'll need to complete a Covid-19 waiver. To purchase a drop in visit, pass and fill out a waiver, create an online account.
Here are the full safety precautions for Fitness in the Park:
- Participants will all read, approve, and sign a waiver which will be attached to their Portland Parks & Recreation registration account.
- Participants will need to wear face coverings when arriving and leaving the Fitness area.
- Participants will be required to stay within their 4’ marked section throughout the duration of the workout. Markers are spaced 6’ apart to allow for physical distancing.
- Restrooms are available. Supplies are replenished and restrooms are cleaned once per day.
- PP&R will clean, and sanitize fitness equipment on a regular basis as capacity allows.
For more information about Fitness in the Park, visit the Portland Parks and Recreation website.
You may also like: