Have you ever dreamed of riding the Polar Express? Here’s a magical train ride in Portland this holiday season.
Join Santa Claus and his elves on the Holiday Express train ride in Portland. This memorable ride behind Portland’s famous steam locomotives lets you travel inside a vintage rail car as you pass by the Willamette River to the heart of the city. The interior of each passenger car is festively decorated in garland, ornaments and lights.
2022 Holiday Express Train Ride in Portland
The 2022 Holiday Express Train Ride is taking place on select dates from November 25 through December 18.
Each train ride, hosted by the Oregon Rail Heritage Center, lasts 40-45 minutes. Santa is on board for every trip. The Holiday Express Train departs from the Oregon Rail Heritage Center at the East end of the Tilikum Bridge.
You’ll choose a day and time slot for your train ride. Daytime trains give you beautiful sights of the scenery outside and a chance to see wildlife. Evening train rides make the interior decorations sparkle.
All trains depart on time so don’t be late! You’re asked to arrive 20 minutes before your scheduled departure.
Here’s the 2022 Holiday Express train ride schedule and available time slots:
- November 25-27: 10 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 1 p.m., 2:30 p.m., 4 p.m., 5:30 p.m., 7 p.m., 8:30 p.m.
- November 28: 10 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 1 p.m., 2:30 p.m., 4 p.m., 5:30 p.m., 7 p.m.
- December 2: 4 p.m., 5:30 p.m., 7 p.m., 8:30 p.m.
- December 3-4: 10 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 1 p.m., 2:30 p.m., 4 p.m., 5:30 p.m., 7 p.m., 8:30 p.m.
- December 9: 4 p.m., 5:30 p.m., 7 p.m., 8:30 p.m.
- December 10-11: 10 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 1 p.m., 2:30 p.m., 4 p.m., 5:30 p.m., 7 p.m., 8:30 p.m.
- December 16: 4 p.m., 5:30 p.m., 7 p.m., 8:30 p.m.
- December 17-18: 10 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 1 p.m., 2:30 p.m., 4 p.m., 5:30 p.m., 7 p.m., 8:30 p.m.
Tickets are $28 for adults and $23 for kids 12 years or younger. Children age 2 and under ride for free on your lap. You can save $10 with the family ticket package. Family tickets are $92, which includes two adult and two child tickets. Online processing fees are an additional cost.
You will check in at will call inside the Oregon Rail Heritage Center. Restrooms, shelter, parking and refreshments are available at the center.
Oaks Station is located at 7806 SE Oaks Park Way in Portland. For more information and to purchase your tickets, visit the Oregon Rail Heritage Center’s website.
Want more Portland freebies, events and deals? Subscribe to my newsletter (only one email a day), and follow me on Facebook and Twitter!
You may also like:
Must-See Holiday Light Displays in Portland
Oregon Rail Heritage Center
2250 SE Water Ave.
Portland, OR 97214