Take the stress out of paying for a Thanksgiving meal with this special offer from Ibotta.
If you’re not familiar with Ibotta, it is a free rewards web and mobile app that gives you cash back for everyday purchases. Ibotta is offering its Free Thanksgiving Dinner program for the third year.
The free Thanksgiving offer is available to new and existing Ibotta users. This offer runs through November 23, while supplies last.
How to get 100% cash back on Thanksgiving dinner with Ibotta
Ibotta is giving cash back on food items to make a turkey dinner for the family.
Here’s how this works:
1. The first thing you’ll do is sign up for an Ibotta account, if you don’t have one. To sign up for a free Ibotta account, register here.
2. Next, sign into the app or browser extension and look for the free Thanksgiving offers.
The following items are available for 100% cash back. Always scan the barcode in-store via the Ibotta app to ensure you’re purchasing the correct qualifying item.
- Free Butterball Turkey — up to $14 cash back
- Free Bob Evans Original Mashed Potatoes* (24-oz.) — $4 cash back
- Free Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix (8.5-oz.) — 65 cents cash back
- Free McCormick Gravy Mix (.87-oz.) — $1.40 cash back
- Free Kuner’s Green Beans (14.5-oz.) — $1.50 cash back
Note: Cranberry sauce will replace Bob Evans mashed potatoes once stock runs out: Free Ocean Spray Cranberry Sauce (14-oz. can) for $2 cash back.
*The offer is also valid on select Bob Evans varieties, including Bob Evans Mashed Cauliflower (12-oz.), Bob Evans Pork Sausage (12- to 16-oz.) or Owens Pork Sausage (12- to 16-oz.)
3. Follow the instructions to add all (or as many as you want) of the offers to your account.
4. Shop in-store with the Ibotta app and be sure to get a receipt or link your grocery account online with Ibotta. Linking your account may take some time, and you have to follow specific rules for redeeming offers bought online, so be sure to read Ibotta’s instructions ahead of time.
2022 Promo Updates
Retailers: In contrast with past years, when deals were offered only at specific retailers, you can shop the offers at multiple grocery stores — in-store, pickup or delivery. The Ibotta app will show the stores where the offers can be redeemed.
The offer is not valid for purchases made at the following grocery stores: Aldi, BJ’s Warehouse, Costco, Dollar General, Dollar Tree, Family Dollar, Fresh Thyme, Natural Grocers, Sam’s Club, Sprouts Farmers Market, Whole Foods Market, Trader Joe’s and Vitamin Shoppe. In addition, convenience stores are excluded.
Redemption for new Ibotta users: New savers will have access to 100% cash back offers for a turkey and sides at sign-up.
Redemption for existing Ibotta users:
- Open the Ibotta app, website or browser extension.
- Redeem enough offers* to unlock the “Butterball Turkey Offer.”
- Add the Butterball Turkey Offer to your list.
- Purchase the Butterball Turkey.
- Scan your receipt showing the Butterball Turkey for in-store purchase or link your online grocery account.
- Upon completing the Butterball Turkey Offer, you will get access to the “Sides Offers.” You may then redeem enough offers* to unlock the cash back offers for the sides.
*The number of redemptions needed to unlock each bonus varies by user.
Important notes about the Ibotta FREE Thanksgiving dinner offer
Remember, the free Thanksgiving offer is while supplies last, so you don’t want to sleep on this deal.
The Ibotta app works by giving you cash back after you pay for your items, so you will need to be prepared to pay for them up front. However, since you’re getting 100% cash back on the items, it is essentially a free Thanksgiving dinner. Also, you can only withdraw your cash back savings from Ibotta when your balance reaches $20 or more.
In every case, check the offer details and scan the barcode in-store to make sure the item you’re buying qualifies.
There is a limit of one rebate per product. Therefore, if you buy more than one product or a larger turkey, you won’t get the 100% cash back on the additional product or cost. The cash back is only eligible for the items listed in the app.
For more information and for new user sign up, visit the Ibotta website.
This deal was originally published on Living on the Cheap.
You may also like: