Take the stress out of the holiday with a free Thanksgiving meal from Ibotta.
If you’re not familiar with Ibotta, it is a free rewards web and mobile app that gives you cash back for everyday purchases. Ibotta is offering its Free Thanksgiving Dinner program for the third year.
The free Thanksgiving meal is available to new and existing Ibotta users. This offer runs through November 23, while supplies last.
How to get 100% cash back on Thanksgiving dinner with Ibotta
Ibotta is giving cash back on food items to make a turkey dinner for the family.
Here’s how the rebate works:
1. The first thing you’ll do is sign up for an Ibotta account, if you don’t have one. To sign up for a free Ibotta account, register here.
2. Next, sign into the app or browser extension and look for the free Thanksgiving offer.
The following items are available for 100% cash back. Always scan the barcode in-store via the Ibotta app to ensure you’re purchasing the correct qualifying item.
- Free any brand turkey roast* (3-lb. or larger) — up to $14.35 cash back.
- Free Idahoan Potatoes (4-oz.) — up to $1.60 cash back.
- Free Jiffy corn muffin mix (8.5-oz.) — up to 75 cents cash back.
- Free McCormick gravy mix (.87-oz.) — up to $1.15 cash back.
- Free Ocean Spray cranberry sauce (14-oz.) — up to $2.65 cash back.
*The offer is valid on a turkey roast for select brands (3-lb. or larger), including whole turkey, turkey breast and more. Participating brands include Butterball, Honest Turkey, Honeysuckle, Jennie-O and Great Value.
Make sure you scan the turkey’s barcode via the Ibotta app. If you purchase a larger or more expensive turkey, you will receive the maximum rebate amount of $14.35 and the remaining balance you’ll pay for.
3. Follow the instructions to add all (or as many as you want) of the offers to your account.
4. Shop in-store with the Ibotta app and be sure to get a receipt or link your grocery account online with Ibotta.
5. Submit your receipt. You’ll get cash back on qualifying offers within 24 hours.
View all the details on Ibotta’s website.
Existing members will need to unlock the two offers: Turkey Bonus and Sides Bonus. Complete the bonus by redeeming the required number of offers, which will unlock the chosen offer. You’ll choose only one bonus at time.
Repeat the process by redeeming the next set of required offers to unlock the second Thanksgiving bonus. The number of required offers to unlock each bonus varies by member.
Most major retailers are participating, yet you should double check the app for a full list of participating grocery stores and other retailers in your area.
Remember, the free Thanksgiving offer is available while supplies last, so you don’t want to sleep on this deal.
The Ibotta app works by giving you cash back after you pay for your items, so you will need to be prepared to pay for them up front. However, since you’re getting 100% cash back on the items, it is essentially a free Thanksgiving dinner. Also, you can only withdraw your cash back savings from Ibotta when your balance reaches $20 or more.
In every case, check the offer details and scan the barcode in-store to make sure the item you’re buying qualifies.
There is a limit of one rebate per product. Therefore, if you buy more than one product, you won’t get the 100% cash back on the additional product. The cash back is only eligible for the items listed in the app.
For more information and for new user sign up, visit the Ibotta website.
This deal was originally published on Living on the Cheap.
You may also like: