A monthly night of vintage radio comedy and drama live onstage in Portland, Oregon! Straight outta 1944! Laughs! Chills! Romance! Danger! Beverages! Eats! Cash bar! Live Foley! 1940s live music! Prizes!
Have you ever wondered what storytelling was like before modern technology? See it come to life right before your eyes at The Tesla Stories Live Vintage Radio Theater Onstage. The show takes you back in time with vintage radio theater live and direct from 1944.
Since 2014, The Tesla City Stories has been delighting local audiences with monthly theater performances like no other. This local, original production was started right here in Portland, Oregon. It continues to grow in popularity with most shows selling out.
Local actors take the stage to perform live radio theater derived from the long-lost radio programs of Tesla Broadcasting Company. The shows cover sitcoms, thrillers, mysteries, romantic comedies with forays into westerns, sci-fi and horror. All performances are based in the fictional locale of Tesla City. It’s also never the same show twice.
All New Show: Get $10 Tickets to The Tesla City Stories
Get a special discount to the The Tesla City Stories on Friday, March 10 at 7:30 p.m.
The Tesla City Stories is offering an exclusive discount on tickets to Portland Living on the Cheap readers. General admission tickets are $20 per person. With our limited time deal, you’ll save 50% on your ticket purchase.
Follow these simple steps to claim your discount. On the ticketing page, scroll down to the General Admission ticket option and choose how many tickets you’d like to buy. Then scroll to the Coupon Code field, enter CHEAP3 and click “Apply.” You’ll see the discount of $10 per ticket applied to the total.
Note: The discount only applies to General Admission tickets for the March 10 show.
Food, drink and adult beverages are available for purchase at the show. In true cabaret style, you can eat and drink in the main theater.
Monthly performances are held at the historic Old Church Concert Hall. The next event is on Friday, March 10 at 7:30 p.m. Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
Come out and enjoy a night of live theater complete with drama, romance, comedy, thrills and chills. The show includes live foley sound effect artists, 1940s live music performances, prizes, and audience participation, including an applause sign.
The stories are always new and never repeated. Here are the stories that will come to life at the March 10 show:
- The Tesla City Stories is a monthly night of vintage radio theater comedy and drama — live onstage in Portland, Oregon. Straight outta 1944. Laughs, chills, romance, danger, beverages, eats, live Foley sound F/X, drinks, 1940’s live music, prizes, audience participation! Leave full of joy! It’s laughs, love, and a little bit of drama in a Blevins to Betsy double bill that brings to a head the romantic triangle of Betsy Harper and the two rivals for her affections: Blevins DeBell and Bobby Villanova!
- Blevins to Betsy: “Greep by Name, Greep by Nature” While Blevins is elsewhere, Betsy is given the task of tutoring crooner Bobby Villanova in acting; but can she keep “The Knee-Weakener”’s mind on anything other than romance? Blevins to Betsy: “Pratt-Falwells episode 309” You’re invited to a live broadcast of “At Home With the Pratt-Falwells” starring Blevins DeBell and Betsy Harper. You’re also invited to witness the very unscripted execution of “Operation Knee-Capper,” Blevins & co’s plan to humiliate Bobby Villanova!
- And don’t miss the latest installment of the TBC’s soap opera Nightingale of the Broken Heart!
- Special musical guests Smut City Jellyroll Society Come join us at The Old Church Concert Hall for Portland’s best and most unique night out!
The event is open to all ages. COVID policies are set by the venue. Check before you go.
The show takes place at The Old Church Concert Hall, 1422 SW 11th Ave. in Portland. For more information and to buy tickets, visit The Tesla City Stories’ website.
Best of Portland Living on the CheapCheck out Portland Living on the Cheap's most popular articles!
Subscribe to Portland Living on the Cheap's email newsletter >>
- Free and Cheap Weekend Events
- Portland's Best Thrift Shops
- Museums on Us: Visit Portland Museums for Free
- The Best Places to Sell Your Stuff in Portland
- Free Birthday Food, Drink and Fun in Portland
- 8 Places in Portland to See a Movie for $7
- Top 5 Multnomah County Library Card Perks You Need to Know About
- Portland's Best Urban Parks
- Where to Buy and Sell Used Outdoor Gear and Sporting Goods in Portland
- 5 Cheap and Awesome Ways to Catch Live Music in Portland
- Buy Cheap Books at Portland’s Independent Bookstores
The Old Church Concert Hall
1422 SW 11th Ave.
Portland, OR 97201
[…] what storytelling was like before modern technology? See it come to life right before your eyes at The Tesla Stories Live Vintage Radio Theater Onstage. The show takes you back in time with vintage radio theater live and direct from 1944. You can get […]
[…] Halloween Special: Get $10 Tickets to The Tesla City Stories […]
[…] and your beau to the Valentine’s special of this one-of-a-kind Portland theater experience, The Tesla City Stories Live Vintage Radio Theater Onstage. On Friday, February 10, local actors take the stage to perform live radio theater derived from the […]