The Great Oregon Steam-Up is a celebration of Oregon’s history and the machines that helped grow the state. Travel back in time with your friends and family during this festival.
For the past 52 years, the Steam-Up has been a fun, unique, and educational family event. About 15,000 people from around the country attend annually.
Here are details about all the activities in store for this year’s event.
The Great Oregon Steam-Up
The Great Oregon Steam-Up is taking place on two weekends, July 30-31 and August 6-7 from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. The event is held at the 62-acre Powerland Heritage Park just north of Salem, Oregon.
Named “2022 Best Annual Event” by the Best of the Willamette Valley Awards, The Great Oregon Steam-Up transports visitors back to an era of steam tractors, classic cars, vintage fire engines and antique farming equipment.
This year’s event focuses on fire apparatus, including old fire engines, trucks, and equipment. Kids can take part in a firefighting challenge course and bucket brigade.
You’ll also get to explore portions of the new Willamette Valley Model Railroading Museum.
Here’s a list of activities:
- See huge steam traction engines, referred to as “iron dinosaurs.”
- Watch demonstrations of old farming methods, a working blacksmith shop, a steam-powered sawmill in operation and early Oregon flour milling demonstrations.
- A daily parade gets you up-close views of vintage machines.
- Visit 14 museums featuring cars, trolleys, trains, model railroading, vintage machines, trucks, Caterpillars, John Deere tractors and logging.
- Kids can partake in panning for gold, pedal tractor pulling, a LEGO display and a Youth Passport hunt with prizes.
- Peruse the swap meet and flea market.
- Enjoy live music.
- Get a bite to eat or cool off with a drink at the food vendors.
Admission is $18 for adults and $13 for students. Children 11 and under attend for free. Tickets can be purchased online or at the gate. Parking is $5 per vehicle and paid when you enter the parking lot.
Powerland Heritage Park is located at 3995 Brooklake Rd NE in Salem. For more information about The Great Oregon Steam-Up, visit Powerland Heritage Park’s website.