The West Linn-Wilsonville School District invites the community to free film screenings celebrating Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month.
Throughout the month of May, the school district is hosting three film screenings with brief discussions afterward. Here is the schedule for the upcoming free events.
APPI Heritage Month Free Film Screenings
Watch an installment of the PBS documentary Asian Americans. Stories told through personal experience, the series casts a new lens on U.S. history and the ongoing role that Asian Americans have played.
The film runs 55 minutes and is followed by a brief discussion.
This screening is held on Wednesday, May 11 at 6:30 p.m. at West Linn High School, 5464 W A St. in West Linn.
Pushed Up The Mountain
See the critically-acclaimed new documentary on rhododendron conservation, which are originally from China, now endangered, and very popular in Portland. Pushed Up The Mountain is a personal and poetic story about China’s endangered rhododendrons, the people who care for them and the high stakes for living organisms in our changing world.
The film runs 76 minutes and is followed by a brief discussion.
This screening is held on two days in May:
- Tuesday, May 24 at 6:30 p.m. at Wilsonville High School, 6800 SW Wilsonville Rd. in Wilsonville.
- Wednesday, May 25 at 6:30 p.m. at West Linn High School, 5464 W A St. in West Linn.
All of these events are free and open to all ages. For more information about these upcoming events, contact organizer Anna Gustafson.
Want more Portland freebies, events and deals? Subscribe to my newsletter (only one email a day), and follow me on Facebook and Twitter!
Best of Portland Living on the CheapCheck out Portland Living on the Cheap's most popular articles!
Subscribe to Portland Living on the Cheap's email newsletter >>
- Free and Cheap Weekend Events
- Portland's Best Thrift Shops
- Museums on Us: Visit Portland Museums for Free
- The Best Places to Sell Your Stuff in Portland
- Free Birthday Food, Drink and Fun in Portland
- 8 Places in Portland to See a Movie for $7
- Top 5 Multnomah County Library Card Perks You Need to Know About
- Portland's Best Urban Parks
- Where to Buy and Sell Used Outdoor Gear and Sporting Goods in Portland
- 5 Cheap and Awesome Ways to Catch Live Music in Portland
- Buy Cheap Books at Portland’s Independent Bookstores
Wilsonville High School
6800 SW Wilsonville Rd.
Wilsonville, OR 97070