2021 Free Fishing Weekends in Oregon
- February 13-14 (Saturday & Sunday), President’s Day Weekend
- June 5-6 (Saturday & Sunday)
- November 26-27 (Friday & Saturday), Thanksgiving Weekend
Fishing spots near Portland
While you’re there, check out Small Fry Lake. This one-acre lake within the park was developed specially for young anglers. Kids up to 17 years old can fish for two fish per day from the lake.
Promontory Park is located at 40600 E. Highway 224 in Estacada.
Current safety guidelines
- Practice social distancing. Keep six feet between you and anyone who doesn’t live in your immediate household, including while on a boat or at a fish cleaning station.
- Wear a mask. Recreation areas can get more crowded on the weekends and during Free Fishing Weekend. Wear a mask outdoors when you can’t maintain six feet of distance from someone who doesn’t live in your household.
- Wash your hands often. Keep up on personal hygiene and bring your own water, soap, and hand sanitizer with you.
Stay home if you are sick.
- Be prepared. Restrooms and other facilities may be more limited. Bring your own soap, water, hand sanitizer, toilet paper, food, etc.
- Avoid crowds. Go someplace else if your destination looks crowded.
- Pack out what you pack in. Take any garbage with you.
- Check for access before you go. Many spots have reopened to public access but some may still be closed.
For more information, visit Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife’s website.
You may also like: