Choose Your Special Museum Day
Whether you’re a visitor or a local, free and cheap museum days in Portland provide a day of educational fun and entertainment. For a family of four or a group of friends, some Portland museums can be pricey. Save yourself the financial stress by attending on one of these special museum days.
Some of the museums listed below are always free to visitors. These deals are offered year-round. So if you goal is the bet the summertime heat or get out of a rain, chances are there is a museum waiting with open doors (and a great deal on admission).
Free Days at Portland Museums
- Portland Art Museum offers free admission on the first Thursday of every month during select hours.
Cheap Days at Portland Museums
- Portland Children’s Museum Second Sunday Savings gives guests reduced admission of $4 per person from 9 a.m. to noon. Once you’re in the building, you can stay and play all day.
- Head to OMSI on the first Sunday of every month for $2 admission with access to OMSI’s permanent exhibits and labs, and $5 pricing for each additional attraction.
- From September through May, the Oregon Zoo hosts $9 admission on the second Tuesday of the month. From June through August, the zoo hosts Twilight Tuesday on the third Tuesday of the month with $9 admission.
- Also at the Portland Art Museum you can score $5 admission after 5 pm. every Friday.
- Oregon Nikkei Legacy Center charges only $5 admission ($3 for seniors/students) and offers visitors an education on the history and culture of the Japanese American community in Oregon. Closed Mondays.
Always Free Portland Museums
- Oregon Historical Society is free every day to all Multnomah County residents with proof of residence (e.g., driver’s license).
- Oregon Rail Heritage Center is always free to visitors.
- Portland Police Museum and Historical Society is always free to visitors.
- Arlene and Harold Schnitzer Center for Art and Design is always free to visitors.
Special Free Museum Days
- The first Saturday and Sunday of every month, Bank of America gives cardholders free admission to select Portland museums.
You may also like: