It feels like Portland has finally shook off the winter blues and gone into full bloom. I am loving the magnolias, cherry blossoms and camellias in my neighborhood. This is around the time all of us backyard gardeners get the urge to flex our green thumbs and start planting our plots.
If you’re like me, you learn something new about gardening every year. Urban Farm U is here to give your garden a boost by hosting free daily online gardening classes. The daily webinars will teach you new techniques to keep your garden healthy and bountiful. They are calling the class series the Victory Garden Challenge 2020.
In response to what’s happening in the world lately, these classes are designed to help people feel empowered to take control of their health and food supply.
The host of the gardening classes is Greg Peterson, who has been experimenting with progressive permaculture techniques in his yard for more than 40 years. Greg and his team will be using their expertise to help productively mitigate stress and build virtual communities in this time of uncertainty and social distancing.
What you’ll get when you sign up for the free online gardening classes:
- Learn how to start or maintain your garden to increase your family’s food security and feel empowered in uncertain times.
- Boost your well-being by connecting with the earth and learning gardening skills that nourish your body and mind and help you feel grounded.
- Discover strategies you and your loved ones can use together to become more self-sufficient and take control of your food supply.
- Each day, receive a link to attend a new LIVE, online class.
- Join an online community of food growers from around the world… we are all in this together!
The live classes are taking place at 5 p.m. daily.
To sign up for the free online gardening classes, visit Urban Farm U’s website. These online gardening classes will run through April 9.
You may also like: