In its 40th year, the Oregon Potters Association invites the public to a free ceramic showcase all weekend long.
The association represents a group of diverse ceramic artists, makers, teachers and students. At the annual event, the members bring their creations under one roof for the whole community to enjoy.
The three-day event showcases 200 ceramic artists from Oregon and SW Washington. If you love seeing creativity on display, stop by the Ceramic Showcase.
Oregon Potters Association Ceramic Showcase
The 2023 ceramic showcase is taking over the Oregon Convention Center from Friday, April 28 through Sunday, April 30. Get up close and take in the details of many ceramic creations, including sculptures, wall art, and functional pottery for the home, garden, and work space.
This is a great place to pick up a gift for a special occasion this year or find a one-of-a-kind creation for yourself.
Here are some of the highlights of this year’s event:
- Daily demonstrations by professional ceramic artists.
- An emerging artist booth for up-and-coming members.
- Attendees can sign up to win three grand prize packages at the event.
- Clay exploration area for children.
- The high school gallery displays student clay works from area schools.
- 40th founders gallery featuring the original 1983 Ceramic Showcase creations.
- Two shopping happy hours.
- A silent auction featuring work by Ellen Currans.
The ceramic showcase is happening Friday, April 28 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., Saturday, April 29 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday, April 30 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. It is free to attend.
The Oregon Potters Association Ceramic Showcase is taking place at the Oregon Convention Center Hall A, 777 NE Martin Luther King Jr Blvd. in Portland. For more information, visit the association’s website.
You may also like: