Head to Portland’s family-friendly urban farm for the Community Harvest Festival.
Zenger Farm is a 24-acre combined farm and wetland in southeast Portland. The urban farm hosts educational activities in a natural environment. Their programs teach kids and adults the importance of food, farming, wetland conservation and environmental stewardship.
On September 18, the farm invites the community to help out and have fun with projects and activities. The morning will begin with volunteer projects followed by a complimentary lunch. The afternoon will be filled with games and activities.
Community Harvest Festival Activities
- Harvesting and weeding with the farmers to
- Helping in the Children’s Gardens
- Clearing blackberry vines from the wetlands
- Painting and infrastructure improvements
Afternoon activities and games:
- Face painting and arts and crafts
- Yard games, like corn hole
- A food demonstration featuring farm produce
- Playtime at the nature playground
The Community Harvest Festival is taking place September 18 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. The event is free, but you must register in advance to attend.
Zenger Farm is located at 11741 SE Foster Road in Portland. For more information and to register for the free event, visit the farm’s website.
[…] out and have fun at Zenger Farm, a 24-acre combined farm and wetland in southeast Portland. The Community Harvest Festival will […]