Get free entrance to Forest Service recreation areas on six holidays in 2023. This includes recreation sites and trailheads in Oregon and Washington, such as the Columbia River Gorge, Mt. Hood National Forest, Gifford Pinchot National Forest and 14 more.
These sites usually require a $30 annual Northwest Forest Pass, or a $5 day-use fee.
Go on a free adventure on these select dates:
2023 Forest Service Recreation Area Free Days
Fees are waived at Forest Service-managed day use sites on the following days:
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day on January 16, 2023
- President’s Day on February 20, 2023
- National Get Outdoors Day on June 10, 2023
- Juneteenth on June 19, 2023
- National Public Lands Day on September 23, 2023
- Veterans Day on November 11, 2023
Here are the areas where day use fees are charged. All of these national forest and scenic areas include multiple trailheads.
- Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area
- Colville National Forest
- Deschutes National Forest
- Fremont-Winema National Forests
- Gifford Pinchot National Forest (Mount S.t Helens)
- Malheur National Forest (no day use fees charged)
- Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest
- Mt. Hood National Forest
- Ochoco National Forest (no day use fees charged)
- Okanogan and Wenatchee National Forests
- Olympic National Forest
- Rogue River-Siskiyou National Forest (no day use fees charged)
- Siuslaw National Forest
- Umatilla National Forest
- Umpqua National Forest
- Wallowa-Whitman National Forest
- Willamette National Forest
View all of the trails and choose your adventure on the Forest Service’s website.
Want more Portland freebies, events and deals? Subscribe to my newsletter (only one email a day), and follow me on Facebook and Twitter!
You may also like:
2023 Free Entrance Days at Washington State Parks
Guided Nature Walks at Tryon Creek Natural Area
Escape to Portland’s Best Urban Parks
Leave a Reply