View 10 properties come to light this holiday season during Christmas on Franklin.
Franklin Street in Vancouver is known for going all out during the holidays. The event features 200,000 lights along with themed displays.
If you’re looking for even more free holiday light displays, here are some of the best in and around Portland:
- Portland Christmas Ships Parade Schedule
- Christmas on the Campground
- Peacock Lane: Portland’s Christmas Street
- Lightopia: Hillsboro’s Free Drive-Through Light Display
Here are the details about the 2023 Christmas on Franklin light display.
2023 Christmas on Franklin
See more than 200,000 lights shine along the two blocks of homes during Christmas on Franklin. Holiday lights and music are on nightly from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. through December 31. The displays are lit on Christmas and New Year’s Eve.
You can walk through or drive by the 10 light displays.
Christmas on Franklin also features events on select nights. There’s even snowfall on special evenings before and on Christmas.
Here’s the event schedule:
- Wednesday, December 6: Santa and The Grinch visit at 7 p.m.
- Friday, December 8: Santa visits at 7 p.m. Enjoy hot cocoa and treats all evening.
- Saturday, December 9: Santa visits at 7 p.m. Enjoy hot cocoa and treats.
- Wednesday, December 13: Santa, The Grinch and Max visit at 7 p.m.
- Friday, December 15: Santa, The Grinch and Max visit at 7 p.m. Enjoy hot cocoa and treats all evening.
- Saturday, December 16: Enjoy snowfall and visit Santa at 7:30 p.m. There’s also hot cocoa and treats all evening.
- Sunday, December 17: Attend the Nativity blessing and walk at 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 20: Watch snowfall and meet Santa at 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, December 21: Listen to Boy Scouts caroling at 6 p.m.
- Friday, December 22: Watch snowfall and visit Santa at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, December 23: Watch snowfall and visit Santa at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, December 24: Snow falls on the hour from 4-11 p.m.
- Monday, December 25: Snow falls on the house from 3-9 p.m.
This holiday light display is free to attend. Christmas on Franklin is at 4616 NW Franklin Street in Vancouver. For more information, visit the event website.
Looking for more holiday events in Portland? Here’s a full list: